Friday, August 22, 2008

Geometry of The Delhi Bloggers Meet

Update below

Before reading this, check out Savy's and Abyb's version of the meet coz I have left out some details as I didn't want to be repetitive-

First of all, we did not come fashionably late to the meet, we were all working/ stuck in traffic and that’s why it took some time to reach there.

As I entered the meet venue, I saw Shady, Taira and a lady sitting in a corner. I instantly recognized her as Savy :)

I ordered the same drink as Savy and was served in a different glass. It seems nobody was happy with the glasses and hence a different glass for me (incase I kicked up a fuss). A while later Kamesh also ordered the same drink and was served in a yet another glass!


As Maddy told us about her Mumbai experiences and how supportive the Mumbai bloggers were, the difficulty she had in getting a house there and how she described me to the Mumbai gang, we were ROFL.

After a general chitchat, Kamesh joined us. And then began lots of geometry and chemistry at the meet

First we could see anticipation in Kamesh’s eyes as he expected Abyb to join us. With a wistful expression Kamesh talked about how he and Abyb hit off at the last meet and how they go on frequent dates now and how they talk to each other on the phone and how eagerly he was waiting for Abyb to join us for the meet.

After not receiving any call from him, Kamesh himself called and asked how long it would take Abyb to reach. And after he reached, you could see a smile on Kamesh’s face.

Meanwhile Maddy became upset that Abyb being her neigbour was seeing Kamesh more than her.

Here began the triangle.

Meanwhile Shady rubbed his hands in glee because he started getting shady thoughts about the triangle.

Shady, Savy and Maddy started talking about finding a girlfriend for Shady and his 7-and-half funda and experienced women.

Taira talked about the hot doctor at Max health care who Maddy knew pretty well. I think I should take Dad there for his next checkup :D

As Oceanic and Abyb made an entrance at 8.00 P.M for a meet scheduled at 6.00 P.M and Oceanic left before we could all say Hi, she said to Abyb, something to the effect of - I hope you don’t mind/feel bad.

This led to a complicated rectangle.

There are talks of a pentagon when I was leaving and gently chided Abyb to atleast try and come on time for the next meet :D

Taira had to leave and after sometime Savy and I also decided to leave. Savy was very sweet and made me meet her kids who where in CP but had not joined us for a meet.

P.S: I am ROFL @ everyone talking about my rucksack. It’s not that big or heavy. And it’s a handy tool when I want to hit somebody.

Update: Check out the official version of the meet at Kamesh's blog

No comments: